• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't share default calendar entries via Messaging

obrienmd2

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
1.) Model Number ? SGH-T959
2.) Firmware Version ? 2.1-update1
3.) Baseband Version ? T959UVJFD
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.29
5.) Build Number ? ECLAIR

Carrier ? T-Mobile

Country you are using your phone in ? US

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? Yes.

My question is regarding the built in calendar app installed on the Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant with T-Mobile. When I create an entry into the default calendar, it displays the option to "Send Via" and shows Bluetooth, Email, Messaging, and Y! Mail. The option I try to use is by sending it via Messaging. When I try and send calendar entries to my wife so she has the events on her phone, she receives the following message "<Subject: no subject> - message has no content. subject:. I have asked her to create a calendar entry and message it to me. I have received the same result but also see a .vcd file which is the calendar entry she sent me but can't do nothing with it.

Has anyone else tried this and had the same problem? How did you go about solving the issue using the default calendar. I know some have probably just used a Google Calendar or something like that but want to know if anyone else is aware of this issue or if it is something with our phones.

Thanks for any help you can offer to resolve this.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones