1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Can't slide down notification from lock screenSupport

1. flashsam

flashsam Well-Known Member

Just got a Razr I and wondering if there's any way to allow to slide down the notification bar from the lock screen?

I thought this was the default with ICS but for some reason it doesn't work on my Razr I.

I have tried setting the lock screen option to 'Default' as well as 'None' but neither allow me to slide down the notification from the lock screen which I was used to doing on my previous phone.

Thanks.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Thom

Thom Premium Guide Member Guide

I'm a little prejudiced ... I hate the lock screen and have always turned it off. With ICS I can just choose None and don't have to install a third-party app to do it.

If you set None in ICS you should never see the lock screen.

(Is ICS on the RAZR i different?)

... Thom
  3. flashsam

I agree the lock screen isn't very nice but I like something to ensure that I don't use the phone by accident in a pocket!

If I set the lock screen option to 'None' in the settings when I turn the screen off and back on I still always see the lock screen.

I've even tried turning on a PIN lock and then setting it back to 'None' in case that worked but it didn't.

Are there any other Razr I users out there who can set the lock screen option to 'None' and see whether the lock screen still appears or not?
  4. flashsam

I think i've worked it out!

As I haven't got my new Micro SIM card yet (waiting for Orange to post it to me as my previous phone was a standard size SIM) there's no SIM in the phone and it appears that this makes strange things happen.

If I put the phone on airplane mode then the lock screen settings work as expected ('None' = no lockscreen)

Also I can now slide down on the notification bar.
  5. flashsam

Take that back. Still in flight mode and not changed anything but now the lock screen is showing when I turn on the phone!
  6. flashsam

Right, final update I hope!

Got new micro SIM, been activated and is working.

Now the lock screen settings really are working as they should do and I can slide down the notification bar from the lock screen (when it's turned on)

Running Holo Locker now instead of the default lock screen as it's slightly more customizable and you can actually turn off the vibration when unlocking the phone.