can't snooze or dismiss alarm clock!

1. erikdstock

erikdstock Member

Hi all. Problem.

I've had my rooted moment (radioactive froyo w launcherpro) for about a week now and I am having serious problems with the alarm. Specifically, the snooze/dismiss box isn't popping up, or perhaps the screen isn't waking up at all. It happens almost every morning. frequently when I am staying at my partners house and waking up in the wee hours the thing will go off, I bolt up and am swiping, pressing side buttons (they were set to dismiss in alarm settings), trying to smother the whole phone with my hands, etc. More than once I've had to do a battery pull in desperation as she yells at me that people are trying to sleep.

The alarm pops up as normal if I do a test alarm set a minute in the future. Unfortunately it is a quite difficult to remember what exactly happens to me at any given 6am. Is it possible I'm not having this problem in my tests bc the alarm is still loaded in ram? What's the deal here? I need a working alarm.

Advertisement
    :
  2. chrisjz

chrisjz Well-Known Member

Im having this same problem. Have had this problem for a alittle over a week now.
  3. EmoTonyB

EmoTonyB Well-Known Member

try a different alarm app. if that works ok then you know it is somethig witht eh origilnal app. you could always try flashing back to stock and reloading everything, sometimes everything dosent lay down correctly and gets buggy.