Can't stop google voice from getting voicemailsSupport

1. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I'm trying to let Verizon take care of my voice mails rather than Google Voice, but I'm not having any luck.

I have gone to:
    Settings --> Voice mail Service --> and selected My Carrier

As well as setting my number under voice mail number but I still need to dial my Google Voice # then enter my passcode to get my voice mails... which is what I want to avoid.

Can anyone help me out on this?

Advertisement
  2. jakewill

jakewill Well-Known Member

Go to www.google.com/voice , log in with your account, go to settings and there should be a big link that says "Deactivate Google voicemail on this phone". Click that, select your carrier (probably Verizon), then put whatever you need to into your phone (probably just *73).

When you initially enabled GVoice, the instructions had you dial a number which enabled no answer/ignore call forwarding to your GV number (or GV's access number), now you need to Unforward it by hitting *73 call on your phone.

Hope it helps.

jakewill
    Eloquence and Mahalo like this.
  3. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

Perfect, for some reason I was reading Deactivate Google Voice on this phone and not Google voicemail.

Thank you.
  4. gavin77

gavin77 Well-Known Member

Why did you de-activate it Mahalo.....just curious, because I think I missed some calls due to GV sending the calls directly to VM, and I might deactivate too....
  5. Mahalo

Mahalo Well-Known Member

I had some missed calls as well...but the phone was in my pocket so I may have just not heard it. Plus I didn't like entering the pass key to check the voicemails.
  6. kn0t

kn0t Active Member

I had this problem and I was baffled bc on my phone it said I was using carrier voice mail. I even got rid of the google voice account and couldn't get it back to my carrier voice mail. What I ultimately had to do was go into my call forwarding and when I looked all missed calls or ignored calls when to my google voice number. You just need to change all of those to your carrier voice mail number.
    goto menu>settings>call>call fowarding
    the defualt number for Tmobile's voicmail is +18056377243 . For any other carrier you'll have to find it yourself. I hope this helped somebody.
    :):D