can't stop mini task bar from floating on screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. hudsonranch

hudsonranch New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi - I just got my droid and went app crazy. I downloaded an app which I think was to be a battery saver. It put a floating 5 button taskbar on my screen. The first button addresses wi-fi and the 2nd addresses bluetooth. I think the 3rd button is internet, the 4th is syncing (I think) and the last one dims the lights. The 3rd and 4th buttons don't seem to work as I expected because if I turn them on, I still get notifications and can send messages, The biggest problem is that the task bar floats on the screen and I can't move it so having cute wallpaper isn't a possibility. I can't remember what the app is called and I can't find anything in the apps settings that seems to apply so I can uninstall. Can anyone help me get rid of the taskbar?
    thanks, JH

Advertisement
  2. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

If it's a widget on your screen, you just long press (hold down) on it to move it. If you want to delete it, just long press and drag it down into where the garbage bin appears at the bottom of the screen.

3. hudsonranch

Thank you (I didn't know you could do that!). Anyway, I held it until I saw the garbage can at the bottom, dragged it down there, it turned red, I released it and it popped right back up where it was. It there a trick to doing this that I don't know? Thank you so much in advance for your help. JH

4. hudsonranch

OK I did it again and it worked! Thank you so much!

5. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

You're welcome :) You just have to make sure you let go of it when it's still glowing red. I've made that mistake a few times before, you can't really move it around too much or you miss the garbage.

If you ever want to put it (or other widgets) back on any of your 3 screens, just long press on an empty space and select "Widgets". They'll all be in there, if you haven't found that already.