Can't stop radio app

Last Updated:

1. nedjinski

nedjinski New Member

I recently installed the app for one of my favorite radio stations. It starts and plays fine but I can figure out how to stop it or turn it off. It plays in the background no matter what else I may be doing. Even if I put the phone to sleep it keeps playing. The icon for the app stays in the title bar indicating that the app is running.

Phone: VM Motorola Triumph
    App: radio

2. ironass

ironass Well-Known Member

Could be just a poorly coded app..

Why not download and install, free from the Market, "tunein" radio. It receives KCRW. Listening to KCRW Eclectic as I type this. Also picks up 1,000's of stations worldwide.

Hope this helps. :D
    nedjinski likes this.
  3. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Usually those idiotic apps have a "quit" button under menu or menu/more. Or if you have GO Launcher, just kill it after you're done. Or use TuneIn or Jango.
  4. ideaulico

ideaulico New Member

How do you turn off Jango? I can't find that option. TY
  5. realslow

realslow New Member

Anyone know on tunein how to fix the issue I have? When I try to listen to WVNN it says the station is not availale on my notebook and redirects me to a Kxxx station (west of the Mississppi) I can use a windows system and have no problems. I wanna listen to a football game and the redirected station doesn't carry it.
  6. SkyJackpot

SkyJackpot Well-Known Member

I just typed "WVNN" into TuneIn Radio Pro & it came up as a talk radio station and I listened to it for a minute so that station does work. I don't think the Pro version does anything except add recording of stations and some other things.

Typed out using SwiftKey, only available for Android ツ :thrasher:
  7. tcat007

tcat007 Well-Known Member

Last Jango update added a quit button, now I like it better than Tune-in.