Can't swap between Droid 3 and Droid 4 as active on account?General

1. Tesseract

Tesseract Active Member

I upgraded from the Droid 3 to the Droid 4, and was asking about being able to swap phones by swapping the SIM card like I used to do on AT&T (I have Verizon now). The Verizon tech told me that I can enable it by just dialing *228, but that every time I did it, I would need to change out the SIM card in the Droid 4 with a NEW sim card. To me, that's a deal breaker and I would never do it, but he said not to worry, any time I needed to do it they would give me a new SIM card for free. I asked, "Well then just give me a few so that I can do this and not worry about it." Nope. Can't do it.

Now I have questions: 1. Can I just move the SIM between phones ?

2. What would EVER change in the phone that would require me to put another SIM card in?

3. Does this sound like the Verizon employee just being clueless?

Thanks!

Advertisement
    :
  2. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

The DROID 4 requires a 4G LTE sim card. The DROID 3 doesn't have 4G so it was never designed to have one. The sim in the DROID 3 is a global one, so you can use it in other countries. The reason you need a new one for the D4 is because the two phones have sims that serve two different purposes
  3. Tesseract

Tesseract Active Member

OK, I get that....but if I *228 the phone, does it invalidate the active SIM in the Droid 4?