cant switch between Home and Launcher proSupport

Last Updated:

1. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I have launcher pro plus as my home replacement, but I wanted to go back to the stock home launcher and I cant. I tried home switcher, also tried clear home defaults too, nothing has been working. I went into manage apps and neither 1 is set as a default, so I cant clear the default. I tried a force stop on launcher pro but that didn't work either. I dont wanna uninstall launcher pro bc I have it set up nicely, I just want to set up the stock home for fun and giggles.

Advertisement
  2. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

Home Switcher should allow you to launch Blur Home, but not set a default. I believe I've seen people say that it's been a bug since Froyo's release. So the two launchers can work side by side, but Launcher Pro will always work as the default.

3. mach1man

mach1man Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I just got it to work. I was reading were home switcher says it doesnt work with froyo, but its working now :)

4. Redflea

Redflea Well-Known Member

As stated (by the author, actually, on the Market page for the app) and noted above in this thread, Home Switcher can't set the Home default any more on Froyo.

It's always worked, however, to launch any of the home screens installed that it finds...so it's useful, but not as useful as it used to be. :)

5. debsto

debsto Member

So, am I understanding this correctly...if I download Launcher Pro without having HomeSwitcher, LP will always be my home page launcher by default AND to go back to stock I would just uninstall LP?
    By adding HomeSwitcher, I would have the option to manually launch the stock homepage, but I would have to manually select each time?

6. JDunc

JDunc Well-Known Member

When you press your home button after installing LP, it should ask you which home software you want to choose and the option to make it your default.

7. Cilraaz

Cilraaz Well-Known Member

That is correct.