Can't Sync After 2.1 UpdateSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jcol

Jcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Before doing the 2.1 Update I setup the Sync account with SE and Sync'ed my X10 for the first time. I did this with the phone connected to the PC and used PC Companion to start the process. All went well. I can navigate to the web page with my PC and seem my contacts, calander, etc. After updating my X10 to 2.1 I thought I would be able to resync and load my stuff back on the phone. I have tried it with the phone conncected to the PC and with the phone just by itself and I get the same results - Failure to Sync message. I have given the phone the account name and Pw but so far nothing. It's almost as if a Sync created in 1.6 will not download to a 2.1 phone but that would be silly wouldn't it?? Has anyone else got this to Sync to work after the upgrade? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

I have the same issue. My account information had a strange username in it with a password...that syncs fine but when I put my own in it won't work.

3. Jcol

Jcol Active Member This Topic's Starter

Smoked - I saw that strange user name and ps immediately after the 2.1 upgrade. I overwrote it with the "correct" account info. Are you saying that if I had left the strange account info inplace it would have sync'ed OK? If that is the case it's very strange. I wonder if there is a way to get that other account info back?

4. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Well mine sync's... but i don't know what info it's syncing. I had already restored my contacts from my SIM. I'm hoping it's not taking my contact info...a la spyware but was hoping someone on here might know.

5. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

Okay... I've been playing with this some more. I removed the hpkadkor account, added mine on the phone. Sync'd and it couldn't complete. THen I opened up PCCompanion and selected the sync util... I re-added my phone and sync'd a few times from my phone and it worked. It replaced the account info on the phone back to hpkadkor but it's now working. I deleted some bookmarks on the website, added a calendar entry and about 15 mins later after a few manual sync's the phone picked up the change.... weird!!!