1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Can't sync book from Kindle to Android

1. sidelites

sidelites New Member

I downloaded a book "The Blood Sugar Solution" to my Kindle but it won't sync to my Android. I've been trying to sync it for several days. Any thoughts?

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

A little bit more info here, you are trying to sync it to the Kindle app on your Android or are you just trying to send the file to your Android?
  3. DenverRalphy

DenverRalphy Well-Known Member

When you say "downloaded", does that mean you literally transferred the book from your computer to your kindle? Or does it mean you purchased the book from Amazon and it automatically downloaded to your kindle?
  4. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

A eBook downloaded from Amazon store to a Kindle tab should (Whisper)sync with the Kindle app on an Android phone.

Harry
  5. sidelites

sidelites New Member

Yes, Whispersync SHOULD to that but it isn't doing that. I'm on the go and read while waiting in lines, at the doctor's office, waiting for clients, etc. The Kindle isn't always with me.

Are they making books that can ONLY be read on Kindle and are not able to sync to the Droid app?
  6. valorian

valorian Well-Known Member

I don't use a Kindle but I do use the Kindle App. Any ebooks I've purchased from Amazon show in the app's Archived Section. They also show up in the Manage My Kindle in my amazon account from the PC. Any books in the Archived Section of the app I tap those to download them to the phone.

EDIT: Verify your Amazon App is registered on the Amazon site. When you log into your account and go to the Manage Kindle section you should see two devices, your Kindle and your Android Phone.
    sidelites likes this.
  7. mbmast

mbmast Well-Known Member

I had an author gave me an ebook to review. I was able to get it downloaded onto my kindle for PC but can not transfer it to my Kindle app on my Droid x2. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Beth
  8. Harry2

Harry2 Well-Known Member

Like valorian said, you have to download the eBook from the Amazon/Kindle server. Look for that eBook at the archive on your Kindle app :)

EDIT: An other thought:
    I think, on your PC you have the eBook just imported. So have you uploaded that eBook from Kindle PC to the Amazon server?
    When not, you should it send via your Kindle email address to the Amazon server.
    You'll find your Kindle email address on your phone in the Menu - Settings of your Kindle app.
    It is a new feature of the Kindle app which came with the last update.

After you have send the eBook to Amazon server you'll find it in the Archive of your Kindle app :)

Harry
  9. sidelites

sidelites New Member

I found out that I had two names listed in the Amazon "Kindle Manager" for my Android. When I downloaded it to the correct name of the device it worked. I have no idea how the second name got in there.
  10. Ryan1983

Ryan1983 New Member

I have had the same problem on separate occasions with two different android phones. I've de-registered then re-registered the kindle app to fix... Drove me nuts.. Hope this helps..
  11. scamper

scamper New Member

The Kindle App on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 work fine until the most recent upgrade. Now it seems to forget "an item" and says I have to remove it from the device and download it again.

But the book I've been reading DOES seem to come up OK, except that it forgets my bookmarks. I generally read books I've checked out from the library, which are downloaded to my account at Amazon.