• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't sync contacts - gmail to HTC Desire

Shorinjkan

Lurker
Aug 24, 2010
Please help - I'm a clueless Newbie with a week-old HTC Desire (fully updated) - and I am losing the will to live with this phone!!!

I have just spent 3 hours typing all of my contacts into my new Gmail account due to probs a)transferring contacts from my old iphone to my HTC and, b)transferring contacts from the iphone to gmail...

I have manually deleted all of the contacts from my SIM card to avoid further confusion, and am now trying to sync the contacts freshly added to my gmail account, with my empty HTC desire phone book.

This process would appear to be self-explanatory, and pretty easy, going by other peoples' posts...however the HTC has claimed to be 'synchronizing' via HTC Sync for the past hour, but nothing is happening!!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones