cant sync hotmail, captivate I896Support

Last Updated:

1. foymaster84

foymaster84 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, I dont know what I've done, but for some reason hotmail doesn't show up anymore under settings> accounts and sync on my Samsung Galaxy S Captivate I896. Just the gmail account I was forced to make in order to use android market place. Now the reason I say "anymore" is because while I'm brand new to smartphones all together, and have only had this one for about a week, it did work right up until a reset the phone. I reset it because of another problem I was trying to resolve surrounding ringtones.

Anyway, I'm sure it's simple but I've looked at everything 100 times and I cant figure it out. Thanks for any help.

Also: what kinds of things can I do with sync, like I said I'm brand new to all this.

Advertisement
  2. LukeOlson

LukeOlson Well-Known Member

I don't think you can add the account under "Accounts and Sync" (at least initially). You probably have to open the Email app (not Gmail) and add the account there first, and then it will show up under Settings -> Accounts and Sync.

Let me know if that works!

3. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

It would not surprise me in the least for Microsoft to make Hotmail not play nicely with Android...

4. foymaster84

foymaster84 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have already tried that and got nowhere fast. Their seem to be two options under settings in the captivate email app that may be where the answer is hiding. One is accounts, and the other is account settings, but the problem is theirs nothing there to do, and remember when i set my phone up the first time, it automatically put both gmail and hotmail under accounts and sync. So the only thing i could figure is to delete the account and re-enter it, which i tried and nothing. So i guess it might be possible that even though i deleted the account their still may be some hidden settings preventing it from being wiped completley. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.