Can't Sync to Google Account on EVOSupport

Last Updated:

1. JCola

JCola Member This Topic's Starter

A friend picked up the EVO on launch day, from Radio Shack where they just handed it to her and offered no kind of walkthrough. I've been trying to hep her get used to the phone, and to Android (I've got an Incredible). There's one big problem, and I've searched the forums and can't seem to find an answer. When she tries to add her Google account (****@gmail.com) in Accounts & Sync, it accepts her account name and password, and says the login was successful. When she hits the "Next" button, it brings her back to the Add a Google Account screen, where the options are to "Create" and "Sign In". Repeated the process multiple times with the same results.

Is it just a matter of continuing to sign in until it works? Would a factory reset help? Or, is a trip to the Sprint store in order? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. sitlet

sitlet Banned

have you tried turning the phone off and on?

3. JCola

I think the answer is yes, but it's certainly worth another try. Thanks.

4. sitlet

sitlet Banned

also, you dont technically have to use that Setup app to setup the phone. you can exit out of that, and add the account manually through the settings.

5. JCola

That's the way I tried it. Menu button, then Settings, Accounts and Sync, then Google account. If there's another way to do it, or an app, I don't know about it.