Cant sync to PCGeneral

Last Updated:

1. PatD1488

PatD1488 New Member This Topic's Starter

Can any one PLEASE give me step by step directions to sync my droid eris to my pc. i still cant figure out how to get my music onto it because my PC doesn't recognize my phone for some reason i can't figure out. and i can't watch videos on youtube. they all give me a message saying " cannot play video, sorry this video cannot be played." If anyone could herlp with anything I'd appreciate it very much. thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Solitary

Solitary Well-Known Member

connect your phone to the computer =>drag the top notification bar on your phone and select connect usb or something along those lines => mount

that should do the trick. then just go in your phone, and create a music folder on the sd card

3. PatD1488

i get the whole mount thing. my phone says connected. i see the connection on my comp. it shows up as removable disc F. once i open that up, either im terrible with technology or it's not there, but i cant add any folders nor do i know where to put my music files.

4. Copa Native

Copa Native Well-Known Member

Not sure if i created it or not... I have a folder on my SD card called media, within it are 3 subfolders Music, Movies, and Pictures. Dragging and dropping from my PC hard drive into these works fine. Once you unmount your card the phone will see them and they appear in the albums.

5. PatD1488

does the "sync to windows" notification have anything to do with it?

6. erisuser1

erisuser1 Well-Known Member

PatD1488,

Be aware that there is an HTC Application for the PC called "HTC Sync", which is only used for backing up e-mail contacts and calendar items.

It sounds like what you want to do is to be able to move files back and forth from your PC to the SD Card in the Eris, yes? (Strictly speaking, that's not quite the same thing as "Sync'ing", but it does allow you to make a copy of the SD card, or copy movies/audio files back and forth).

I put up a post here that gives a description of how to connect the SD Card to the PC. (Note that what you experienced - seeing the "F:" drive, but not seeing any files in that drive is sort of "normal" - you need to take one more step on the Eris). See the link (above)

Behavior of the contacts/calander "HTC Sync" application is covered in other posts in this forum.

HTH

eu1

7. jeffyo

jeffyo Well-Known Member

Ok this is what you do to get it to sync.

1. drop down notification bar and click on HTC sync
    2. drop down notification bar and click on Mount (do this while the phone is trying to sync with your PC)

NO you don't need to install the software for this to work.

enjoy.

8. PatD1488

I also do not understand why I have 2 of every contact in my phone. whether it be a phone number or email. Theres 2 (or more) of everything. Is my phone just messed up?