Can't SyncSupport

Last Updated:

1. nixnox

nixnox New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, i bought a phone today(HTC Wildfire) and i can't seem to sync it with my laptop. I'm using Windows7.

EDIT: OK, got it to sync with my laptop, but still i can't sync people and Calendar. The things i really need sync for. Can someone help???

Advertisement
  2. ukstan

ukstan Well-Known Member

what are you trying to synch with ? google calander or outlook, people ? again google or outlook or other
    there is a choice box somewhere which you need to select which one you want to synch with
    stan

3. nixnox

nixnox New Member This Topic's Starter

in the HTC sync the option to turn PEOPLE [ON], is not working. the same with calendar!

Well all i want to do is make my contacts readable again, like HOME PHONE, not '!.(PHONE) !; HOME, because i put my contacts from Sony Erricson and all just got messed up. editing 700 contacts in phone will just kill me, so i need to take them to PC, edit and then put back to phone!

4. kpt7703

kpt7703 New Member

hi , i bought a phone last week wildfire i can't connect to USB htc sync with my laptop (vista) what i do please tell me.

5. pacman10

pacman10 Active Member

I can't tell you what to do but I can tell you after several weeks of bitter experiences with my HTC Desire/Windows 7 64-bit that the HTC Sync software, including the Version 3-something which is the latest for the Desire, is poorly thought out and may corrupt your PC data. The HTC Sync software seems to be a kind of Cinderella within the HTC company and stands in very poor contrast to the excellent Desire phone.

Whatever you do, before using HTC Sync make absolutely sure that you have a good backup of the data on your PC so that when HTC Sync corrupts them you have a fallback.

Sorry to have to write this. I hate badmouthing products but this one may cause you a lot of heartache/rage and users need to be warned. There are no signs from HTC (that I have seen) that they are addressing the problems. They brought out a new version 3-something which wrecked my data and doesn't have the Repair facility of the previous version which allows one to reconstruct the data using one's backup.

6. armag.info

armag.info New Member

Take it easy, guys, it's just a piece of metal and some damn software, don't die with heartattacks!

So, here is what helped me to sync Wildfire and PC (Win7 and WinXP (presume, that Vista will work out too)):

1. Enable USB-debugging mode on HTC: Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
    2. Install the latest HTC Sync from HTC official site. Do not start HTC Sync, let it stay in tray in stand-by mode.
    3. Open device manager (Run -> devmgmt.msc) and find Android USB Devices -> My HTC (it should be with yellow exclamation mark). Right click -> Update driver -> Install from a list or specific location -> Don't search. I will choose the driver to install -> then in the list you should see My HTC. Select it and click Next. (This will make Windows to reinstall freshly installed driver once again).
    4. Unplug phone and reboot.
    5. After reboot don't start HTC sync, just plug in your phone. It should discover the sync program by itself.

Cheers.

7. celsis

celsis Member

Tried that Armag, still no joy!! Vista Business 32 bit.