Cant tell if I am rooted

Last Updated:

1. crazyg0od33

crazyg0od33 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I followed the guide at the sticky and the unrevoked3 said done, I rebooted into clockwork recovery, did backup, and rebooted, but all my apps are still there and working. Is that normal?
    I thought they would all be going away

Advertisement
  2. cuban11182

cuban11182 Well-Known Member

Yes, normal. Just look to see if you have superuser. if you do, go to market, download lampuu and try to turn it on, It will ask for permission, so allow it. If it works then you are rooted

3. crazyg0od33

It's rooted. Thanks.
    Now is there something to change LED colors for different people?

4. cuban11182

I haven't seen anything about it, but in honesty I haven't looked.

Just to give a quick bit of advice, Make sure you do alot of research before you do anything. Also, Boot into recovery and perform a Nandroid backup so you can have one from when you first rooted.

UnrEVOked will be releasing a tool soon that will perform a full NAND unlock, which from what I've read is a good and bad thing. It's good because it gives us access to the phone. It is bad because it gives us access to the phone to brick it or damage in another way.

I don't know if you are a member of XDA, but there is a wealth of knowledge about what the Devs and others are doing for our phone.

Again I can't stress enough, to research, research, and then research some more.

Congrats on the Root, and best of luck with whatever you want to do with it.

5. crazyg0od33

To be honest the only reason I rooted the phone was for the ability to underclock the phone to save battery. I am not looking to install roms or anything yet

6. cuban11182

I'm kinda the same, but the WIFI tether is pretty cool as well.

7. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

cant really change the LED's since we only have like 3 colors... and most programs dont work on our phone