Cant tell if im rooted... ???

Last Updated:

1. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Okay so I manually loaded this... OTA_Supersonic_3.26.651.3-1.47.651.1_releaseu2cqjc2e98n4o6xn. It said it was a rooted version of the stock 2.2 official release which is titled as OTA_Supersonic_3.26.651.6-1.47.651.1_releasem24cfnusi9dsrr6i , but none of the root apps work and when I try to go into Recovery I get the red triangle. Also when I ran MyBackUp Pro it tells me that I am Using a rooted device, but then later displays an APK error and wont let me restore from my SDcard. I do still have the superuser Permissions Icon in my app tray as well.... Im so confused... Please help

Advertisement
  2. uniquenameEVO

uniquenameEVO Well-Known Member

Long story short, you were, but now you aren't.

Wait...I may be wrong.

Where did you get the download? What root apps have you tried?

3. Rdot9

Rdot9 Well-Known Member

yeah, dont think you're rooted anymore. I still have the superuser app, but im not rooted.

4. kmoon89

kmoon89 Well-Known Member

Run Titanium Backup and see what it tells you at first, and see if downloading the Busybox thingeryjigger via "Problems?" helps.

5. bcrtj457

bcrtj457 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have tried to use ByBackUp PRO, CacheMate and Boot control widget... None of them work anymore, but they all worked perfect with rooted 2.1. Now IM fine if its not rooted but I wouls like to get rid of the superuser Permissions Icon in the app tray just in case I have to take it to sprint
    or should I just wait for the root method for 2.2 and then flash the stock ROM I have??? My initial objective was to get back to comp;etely stock anyway but for some reason I couldnt flash a stock ROM.