Can't turn DNA on while charging?General

1. CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD Well-Known Member

OK, this is a weird one.

I've noticed that I can't always turn my DNA on while it's charging. I have to unplug the USB cable then turn it on, then plug it back up. Is anyone else experiencing this, and is this just one of those odd 'HTC quirks' I'll get used to?

What's happening when I hold down the power button while charging with the phone off is I'll get the slightest little vibration followed by flashing soft keys, which flash as long as I hold the power button down.

If I unplug the USB cable, it powers up normally.

It's obviously not a major thing, but it sure is weird. This is on a stock device, too.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

It should power up fine even while being charged unless it is completely drained. Also there really is no need to shut the phone off to charge. Turning it off doesnt do much for it. While charging just hold the power button for 2 or 3 seconds & let go. It should boot up in about 2 or 3 seconds..
  3. CrackedLCD

CrackedLCD Well-Known Member

I've found it necessary to restart the phone each day anyway, otherwise I have issues with the battery draining faster than normal. It also seems to run faster versus leaving it on 24/7 for days at a time. So it's easier to just turn it off each night before hooking it to the charger.

Battery level doesn't seem to affect this bug; While the phone was at 98% I turned it off, waited a while, plugged up the charger and tried to turn it on. Same blinking soft keys issue. Then after several minutes the charge indicator turned green and I was able to power it up while connected.

I though it might be due to letting the battery discharge, but if that's the case it shouldn't come back on regardless of whether the charger is attached. But at, say, 4% battery remaining, I can still turn it on as long as I disconnect the charger first.

Like I said, weird.
  4. Jrocker23

Jrocker23 Well-Known Member

The blinking keys are only supposed to blink on a hard reset. To do a hard reset, you hold the power button for 10 to 15 seconds and release.

If you are holding the power button for 2 or 3 seconds that shouldn't happen.

Try for a replacement..