Can't turn off screen on NexusSupport

Last Updated:

1. RedMist

RedMist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know what I have done, but the power button on the top, which I used to be able to press to turn off the screen, no longer works.

I can use it to turn on the screen. And I can hold it on to power down, airplane mode, etc

But pressing it once does nothing when the screen is lit up.

Any ideas?

I have tried wiping all data from the boot menu. This restores the functionality, but when I restore all my data and apps (MyBackupPro) the problem returns.

Any idea?

Advertisement
  2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Sounds like you got a rogue app or one that somehow modifies the functionality of the power button.

I'd take a close look at your recently installed apps. If the phone works fine in default, it must be something you've added.

3. Rusty

Rusty Well-Known Member

You're going to have to install your apps one by one 'til you figure out which one's causing it.

4. amarakvati

amarakvati Active Member

Hey you should let us know which app it was so we can avoid it...

5. RedMist

RedMist Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Well the problem is that after a wipe if I simply restore my system settings (without installing any apps) the problem is there again.

So basically I restored everything, bar system settings, as all seems well again.

However, if I had to guess, I'd say it was an game called "Baby Go" which disables some of the keys to stop kids from quitting the game.