Cant turn off the voice feedback on my phone HELPPPSupport

1. Kane860

Kane860 Well-Known Member

I am new to android and have the galaxy s4 running 4.2.2... when ever I use the stock internet app, the phone will say "page loaded" over and over.. and other times when I am in a different app and there is a check box or something, the phone will say "the check box is selected" .... I don't hear the voice that often, but why am I getting voice feedback when I have not turned it on anywhere? I have searched and searched through accessibility and other areas of settings and I cannot figure out how to turn off this darn voice feedback.. can anyone help me?!?!?!

Advertisement
    :
  2. DragonSlayer95

DragonSlayer95 Resident Air Bender Moderator

If it's not turned on under accessibility, I'm not exactly sure.

I've moved this into the s4 forums and hopefully someone can help get this turned off. :thumbup:
  3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Sounds like you've got your device "driving mode" setting enabled:

10 Best Samsung Galaxy S4 Features You Might Not Know About | Digital Trends
    DragonSlayer95 likes this.
  4. Kane860

thanks for the replies so far... I just checked to see if my driving mode was on and it is not. Please keep the ideas coming so that I can get this voice turned off! Its so annoying!
  5. AndroidifyMe

AndroidifyMe Well-Known Member

very annoying!
  6. gkiv

gkiv Member

i have the same issue, i can't turn it off so annoying
    biil_p likes this.
  7. Rashawn29

Rashawn29 New Member

turn off talkback in the accessibility section.
  8. Kane860

IT IS turned OFF.. that's the problem.. I am still getting voice feedback even when all talk back options in settings is turned off.
  9. sbar1

sbar1 New Member

same problem for me. talkback is off, but checking and unchecking emails in the stock email app (which IMHO is very good otherwise) is producing talk backs "checked" and "not checked" to be spoken.
  10. xfengx

xfengx Member

yeah,i have the same problem with the "checked" and "not checked" when i select emails. :(
  11. Kane860

Hey guys, I think for my phone, I found out what is causing this voice feedback to occur when talkback is off. I installed an app called MISSEDIT in order to get badges on my 3rd party apps, during this installation and activation of the app, I was prompted by some type of pop up on my screen saying something like "so and so cannot be enabled when talkback is set to on" or some crap like that, then it asked me if I wanted to turn on talk back. It didnt give me the option to say no, so I clicked yes. After that, I keep getting the voice feedback. However, my phone still SHOWS that talk back is turned off. I dunno what the issue is, maybe its a bug. But Im just gonna deal with it because I like the missedit app. Do you guys have this app or do you remember installing an app that caused a popup to appear saying something like your talkback needs to be on or something?
  12. sbar1

sbar1 New Member

Hi Kane860, no I don't have MISSEDIT and I dont recall getting a message about talkback when installing other apps. I'm thinking this is one for Samsung to answer.
  13. stanfna

stanfna Well-Known Member

Do you have lightflow installed?
  14. xfengx

xfengx Member

Yes I do.So may I know how to solve the 'talking' issue'?
  15. cary328is

cary328is Well-Known Member

This is a known bug (with a lot of apps that use accessibility features) that Samsung still has yet to fix. You can track the ongoing saga here:

Forum | SAMSUNG Developers

Also make sure you have the latest version of light flow which does not need access to accessibility services
  16. xfengx

xfengx Member

I already have the latest version of light flow but still it needs access to the accessibility options to have full functions of the light flow to support apps like whatsapp and etc.
  17. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

I hear a womans voice when ever i go to delete and email (checked, checked, checked, etc) or when i surf the web in the default browser...... (web page loaded)....

im pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to turn that off. I have the volume all the way down, and shes still loud.

anyone?
  18. Likecars

Likecars Member

Stock browser? Mine is doing the same, started about day 3. I found a thread in another section talking about it. Unfortunately, I have been reading so many threads lately I forgot where it was. No solutions for you, based on the thread I was trying to remove programs I installed, kind of a trial and error, to see if one of those was causing it.

Someone mentioned it was a known problem and talked about in the developer thread..
  19. andrei2112

andrei2112 Well-Known Member

is a bug generated by talk back, uncheck all after you enter in talk back and if u have same problem its a bug and i advice you to use another browser chrome, dolphin etc. See this Forum | SAMSUNG Developers
    bradyapba likes this.
  20. bradyapba

bradyapba Well-Known Member

andrei, thank you for the link. That explained it perfectly, and the maker of the app that is causing the issue, actually posted in that thread.. Its NoLed for me. It turns on accessibility, which seems, the phone, thinks is turning on talkback. No fix, but at least I know what the issue is, and I dont have to hunt down a solution anymore.
  21. trmiv

trmiv Member

Ugh, doesn't sound like the devs are getting much help from Samsung on this. I'm using lightflow and get the issue. Only really bothers me on the scanning for wifi, and the Gallery since I don't use the stock browser. Still really annoying.
  22. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

My stock browser has just started speaking
    when loading a page and when its stops
    its annoying how to turn it off?
  23. andrei2112

andrei2112 Well-Known Member

24. Kane860

I have noticed that any app that requires to be turned on in accessibility to work, will interfere with the talkback crap... that includes apps like MissedIt, Light Flow, etc.. I just downloaded light flow myself and once again it is causing the talkback to occur.. I have noticed that all of these apps that have to be turned on in accessibility will pop up with a message that says something like talkback needs to be enabled... its pretty annoying because it means that I cannot use apps that require being turned on in accessibility unless I want to deal with the annoying talkback..
  25. thahim

thahim Well-Known Member

My stock browser speaks "loading started" and loading stopped
    I want to turn It off but dont know how.
    Anyone knows any way out?