Can't turn on my Droid! It keeps rebooting!Support

Last Updated:

1. drksilent

drksilent New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok so I turned my droid off this morning, and it wouldn't turn back on when i tried this afternoon. Like no matter how long i press the on button it just wouldn't turn on. When i got home i putted the charger on. This is what happened: It began to turn on like normal, but when it was done loading it would automatically go black and reboot. I have like less than a second after it finishes loading before it restarts. So basically it would just a endless cycle of reboots. When ever i unplugged the charger, it would turn completely black and i cant turn it on, it would only be turned on when charging. So for last couple of hours i left it plugged in charger, and it still keeps doing this cycle of reboots. Help what should i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! =((((( :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

***I have the moto droid and i been using it for almost a year.***

Advertisement
  2. drksilent

drksilent New Member This Topic's Starter

oh yeah btw i didnt root it

3. SNeitzel

SNeitzel Well-Known Member

You may have a bad battery. Do you have access to a different one, maybe from a friend, that you could use to test?
    The fact that is boots into the OS at all is a good sign.
    At worse, you may need to reflash. You can try that yourself or go to a V store.
    Data on your SD card should be safe but I would remove the SD card if you go with the V store, just in case.

4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Check the battery's water damage indicator. If it is not Xs (or +s, depending upon how you look at it) then the battery may indeed have gotten damaged.