• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help cant turn on my phone.. upload the pic of my phone few seconds after it's switched 'on'.. recovery m

muhdfaiz

Lurker
May 15, 2012
cant turn on my phone.. upload the pic of my phone few seconds after it's switched 'on'.. recovery mode didnt works too... does anyone ever encountered this problem..? any ideas..? or should i just dump in the bin..?

Attachments

• 20120516_231821.jpg
    20120516_231821.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 47
What happened to make it do that?

water got in actually...but before my phone got worse,i'm still able to switch it on and use it...but if i lock it,then my phone goes black...i had to take out the battery and wait for 2-3 days to switch it on...so i assume its still possible to save the phone but still cant figure out how...now,my phone cant even switched on... am i screwed...?

Upvote 0
Actually if the answer is "water got in" I doubt very much that you can save the phone. The advice in that circumstance is to immediately remove the battery, dry it as thoroughly as you can (a couple of days in a bag of uncooked rice is recommended), then just hope. But it's insidious stuff.

If you are able to get it booted again, back up everything you can to sd or cloud. Only real advice I have. HTC won't touch it if it's water damaged.

Upvote 0
If only you'd known about putting it inside a bag of rice. This method has proven to absorb the water from the device. I'm not sure of how long its been since this happen-but it can't hurt to try. (Remove battery and put device inside a bag of rice for a day or two.)

Hopefully this might be able to fix it. Good luck.. Y(^_^)Y

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones