Can't type f, r or cSupport

Last Updated:

1. dneiding

dneiding Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a refirb DINC and noticed a weird problem right out of the box. I cannot type f, r or c or 4, $, ( in the number pad in the virtual keyboard while in portrait mode. If i switch to landscape it works fine. I thought at first I was just missing the correct location of the letters but even if you slide your finger across the keyboard (i.e. start at q and slide across to werty etc.) the little gray letters appear above the keyboard and f, r, and c get skipped.

Anyone ever seen the?

Advertisement
  2. jpepping

jpepping Member

I had the same issue with one of my refurbs. Got a new one and all is good. Maybe you got the same one I had. Obviously there "testing" does not include the touchscreen.

3. dneiding

dneiding Member This Topic's Starter

My replacement is due on Thursday. Must be something with the physical screen. I installed the SkyRaider ROM last night thinking that a completely differenty keyboard would fix it and it didn't so it must not be software related.

4. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

You can try getting a free notepad app off the market, too. Draw lines around the screen to see if there are "dead" spots (where no lines get drawn). This will help determine if it's a hardware issue (it the issue persists across multiple apps and ROMs)