Can't type numbers with sliding keyboardTips

1. rac43

rac43 New Member

Just unpacked my Rise fro Virgin and tried the keyboard. No numbers come up. Instructions say to hit the "up" arrow and it will shift upper case to type numbers. NO way will this occur. Stupid I probably am but how the heck can you type a number with this sliding keyboard? Example, snake 34 shows a snake er. Is my keyboard kaput or am I? Thanks

Advertisement
    :
  2. cooldudezach

cooldudezach Well-Known Member

I'm not sure where it says to hit the up arrow key, but you need to press the "fn" key. It's the blue button in the bottom left of your keypad. If you press it once, the next button you press will use it's alternate character - that's those little blue characters you see, like the numbers. If you press the "fn" key twice, you are in "fn mode" and everything you type will be the alternate characters.
  3. Sinner67

Sinner67 Well-Known Member

Anything on your sliding keyboard that has a blue character then you use the blue fn key and it will type that character. For example, fn+? will give you the $.
  4. DoReMi33

DoReMi33 Member

Sorry if im wrong but did you press the phone app ? then select dial page then double click [FN] key to easily write the number?