Can't type using Swype or stock keyboardGeneral

Last Updated:

1. debssx3

debssx3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

So yesterday my phone was working fine. No problems at all. But for some reason when I woke up this morning it started acting up. First, my phone would just freeze on me for awhile and then unfreeze like nothing happened. Second, my screen turned completely black twice for no apparent reason. And third, I can't even type using Swype or the stock keyboard anymore! It's either I can type but it won't show.. or I just can't type anything at all as if it's stuck. =/

Any suggestions guys? Or should I just get another refurb? This is my 1st refurb, btw. And yes, I have restarted my phone lots of times.

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

If you haven't added, or updated, any apps in the last day or so then I'd say it's time for the dreaded factory reset (which Verizon will have you do before the give you another phone anyway - so might as well give it a try)

3. Kid Twist

Kid Twist Well-Known Member

I also had a problem this weekend with the Swype keyboard suddenly locking up. Sometimes the stock keyboard would conk out, too. Going into the settings and force closing Swype would help temporarily. Finally, I decided to uninstall Swype, reboot the phone, and then reinstall Swype. Problem cured. I could do this because I still had the original email from Swype that included a link to the installer for the beta.

(I suspect that an app or update I downloaded recently had something to do with this, but I couldnt figure out which one it was.)

4. debssx3

debssx3 Active Member This Topic's Starter

I ended up doing a hard reset, which sucked, but fixed my problems. Thanks :)