Can't unblock OTA's

Last Updated:

1. werty0u

werty0u Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I have a dilemma and although its not a serious problem now, I fear it may become more of an issue in the future.

A few months ago i was playing around with my droid, rooting it and such. I remember using a guide on this forum that told you how to block OTA updates through USB debugging using the windows command prompt and busybox/ADB. Now this wasn't a problem until I reverted back to 2.1 stock to update to 2.2 through OTA. I believe the OTA for 2.2 is out however, when i went to go check for system updates I couldn't find any. I then realized that I had blocked OTa updates.

Now I did force the 2.2 update and that works fine but I'm worried I can't get future updates for OS and App updates.

So I searched this forum for the guide I used so i could unblock OTA's but for the life of me I can't find it even after I've used search to try. Does anyone know what I'm talking about or have just gone completely mental?

I remember the guide to be very extensive and it covered virtually everything root related. I looked through the stickied "All things root" guide and the info i needed wasn't there.

I know this partially my fault for messing with my phone in the first place but I'm trying to make it right XD

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

How did you revert to 2.1? If you used an .SBF all the changes yuo made before should have been removed.

If you reverted to a ROM using ROM Manager, I believe the same applies.

So....the post you're probably referring to is the one by CPercodani - it was unstickied so it has probably fallen down a couple (several) pages.

Here is the one I think you meant:http://androidforums.com/droid-all-things-root/82742-guide-all-things-root-related.html

Last reply being back in June, it has fallen way past 20 pages down....

3. OMJ

OMJ Bazinga VIP Member

if you used an sbf to revert to stock then what you did to disable OTAs is no longer in place. You will get OTAs now. If you dont want to wait there are stickies in the non root motorola droid section for how to force both of the 2.2 OTAs