1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Can't unlock Android Market

Last Updated:

1. MonarchX

MonarchX Member This Topic's Starter

So I want to have all the apps available in Android Market and I cannot get Market Enabler to install. When I launch the MarketEnabler_3.0.8.apk - I get an error saying "Install Blocked - bla bla since application not sourced in Android Market". What do I do? I downloaded command line app called Android Shell Emulator and I'm supposed to enter adb install MarketEnabler_v3.0.8.apk

But it does not work - it just says erroroutput[adb; not found. I placed the MarketEnable file in the root phone directory. My Samsung Captivate is properly rooted. So how the hell am I supposed to get that command and the damn Market to work properly???????????????????????????????????????

Also, I accidentally uninstalled the Where program that came with my phne and I cannot find it on Android Market to reinstall it....Do I need unlocked Android market for that?

Advertisement
  2. defkorn

defkorn Well-Known Member

The error message you talk about is probably regarding allowing non-market software to run. Go to Settings > Applications and check "Unknown sources". I'm not sure how to fix theother issues you're having, but maybe this will solve it all.

3. ls377

ls377 Active Member

Unless you have a custom ROM, the "unknown sources" option shouldn't be there.

The only way I've heard is to do it using the computer. You can either use the SDK or the Sideload Wonder Machine.

4. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

Depends on your phone. You have an Aria, so I'm guessing you have that AT&T anti-sideloading bs to deal with. On my Evo, that option has always been available, stock or custom ROM.

5. ls377

ls377 Active Member

Yeah, it's like that on every ATT phone, such as the Captivate.