• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't unlock phone with code provided by service provider

Hi,
My name is Kasey and I'm very new here. I know slap jack about smart phones as far as unlocking them goes, which really irritates me since I like to be in the know about things.
Here's the frustrating dilemma, I received my unlock code yesterday but it doesn't work. I've tried unlocking it three times now, to no avail. Customer service proved to be a futile attempt on my behalf. I've wasted nearly $60 on a new sim card and cell provider/monthly no contract plan, and I can't use it. I really want to unlock my phone, but my head is starting to expel steam as this whole ordeal has been going on for a freaking week. Patience is thin! Please help me if you can. I have an Optimus F6 MS500 and the correct imei was given for the correct unlock code. It is a metroPCS phone with an at&t compatible sim card for straight talk. I hear Metro is now owned by at&t so I don't understand wtf is up.

Reactions: faheyd
1. Call metro to get an unlock code or find online unlock provider.
2. Dial 2945#*500#
3. Select: Service provider lock
4. Enter SPCK code (usually)
5. Reboot (this should automatically happen)

Also T-Mobile owns Metro. If you've had service with Metro for 2-3 months, they'll provide unlock code, otherwise go online.

Reactions: healthylaff
Upvote 0
I just received the code and it also was unsuccessful : ( What am I doing wrong, I only have four more tries left :(
The email should have told you which code to input into which option. 99.99% (0.01% being yourself) have used SP_LOCK under Service Provider Lock option to unlock their MS500. So either you're not following one of those directions (email or what everyone else has done) or you in fact may have a D500 or something else.

Upvote 0
Go here

Fill in info. Get SP_LOCK code, enter it under Service Provider Lock.

Hus, great job, but may I make a suggestion please?

In your list of instructions, for me, it would have been more clear if you had taken the 4th line:

4. Enter SPCK code (usually)

and changed it to:

4. Enter SP_LOCK code (usually)

At least that's the way it went down for our two LG F6 phones and follows what you describe above, but what is someone doesn't read this far into the thread? They could be confused...

Upvote 0
These are the instructions I was sent so they may be of help to someone.

If your phone is from Metropcs Use SPCK=SERVICE PROVIDER LOCK
If you phone is from other carriers/operators Use NCK=NETWORK LOCK
How to enter unlock code (General Method for most LGs)
1. POWER PHONE ON WITH ACCEPTED SIM CARD or Without Sim Card.
2. SELECT DIAL PAD
3. DIAL 2945#*xxx# where xxx is Model of LG then PRESS SEND
xxx= For example if you have LG F6 MS500 then dial 2945#*500#
for LG L70 MS323 enter 2945#*323# for LG G2 Flex-D950 dial 2945#*950#
Choose Network Lock or Service Provider Lock and enter required code.

Upvote 0
yay it worked now, is this site going to charge me when I'm not looking or was this a one time thing? Again, thank you. The people at metro gave me the exact same number except the last digit was a 1 when they gave me a 0. wtf. Thank you thank you thank you!
I have the same phone and service!
Can you email me or send me the unlock code, Please?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones