Can't unroot. SD problem? Please help.

Last Updated:

1. mfuchs88

mfuchs88 Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everybody, I am rooted on Android 2.1 and want to unroot for the OTA update of 2.3. I have followed numerous Youtube videos and even reset my phone and SD and then tried those videos again. When I am in bootloader, it does not recognize the file, and if I manually select it, my phone displays a message very fast and tells me it can not read it. I am guilty of pulling the SD card out without first un-mounting it a couple of times. I just don't like root and really want to update to 2.3 very soon. I have no idea of where to go from here because when I put the stock 2.1 image on the root of my SD, it can never use it to update or open it, so I am stuck with root until I can fix that problem. Please AndroidForums, direct me where to go, or how to fix this problem, as I know that you guys are always so helpful to everyone. I appreciate it! If you have any questions or comments that you would rather email me with, please hit me up at mfuchs88@yahoo.com

Advertisement
  2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

3. mfuchs88

mfuchs88 Member This Topic's Starter

Well I don't think that update would work due to the fact the I'm rooted on 2.1, so me downgrading to 2.2 doesn't make sense. And yes, I just meant in anticipation of 2.3. Ok, ill try formatting my SD to FAT32, thanks so much for the help.

4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Well-Known Member

...that file is 2.2, it wouldn't be a downgrade, it would be an upgrade if you are on 2.1

iowabowtech likes this.
  5. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ #

Yeah you wont get the OTA nag because it was tweaks for 2.2. Like sdrawkcab said, you can use it to upgrade to the latest stock setup if that is your intent.