Can't Update Drivers

Last Updated:

1. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member This Topic's Starter

I downloaded the android sdk on my windows laptop. I also downloaded the usb drivers but when I do a wizard setup to apply them to my eris it is unable to find the drivers even though I click on the right folder.

Advertisement
  2. nova77

nova77 Active Member

try downloading all the available packages (if you haven't already) and try again

3. Murphy

Murphy Well-Known Member

If you have Windows 7 I suggest you read this post

4. MJL

MJL Well-Known Member

What OS are you running? I just had to reformat my XP laptop and when I downloaded the SDK again I couldnt get the usb drivers to install either. I did a lot of searching and someone suggested downloading and installing HTC Sync and that worked for me. Even tho I still couldn't install the drivers after, I was still able to access the adb shell.

5. elbacker

elbacker Member

I just had the same problem on my netbook (xp). It probably depends on your os but what I did was open the device manager find the android adb phone listing. I clicked on the + sign and then right clicked on the device and clicked uninstall. I unplugged the phone and plugged it back in with usb debug selected and left charge only selected. The new device wizard came up and I browsed to the sdk folder and chose usb. It brought up two options for drivers I choose the second one (it said is was not signed) and it installed the driver from the sdk. All is good now. I did have to repeat the process after installing a ROM. If you need better instructions let me know.

6. Guitarman

Guitarman Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using a netbook (xp).

7. elbacker

elbacker Member

Try what I typed above. seems the driver that you downloaded with the sdk is different than what you are trying to use. I have a broken finger so typing is not that easy. If what I wrote does not make sense let me know and I will try and explain it better. I found very little by searching just trial and error and it was very frustrating when I thought I was doing everything correctly. I am all good now.