• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't update Galaxy S5

I bought an unlocked Galaxy S5 G900T with a metropcs carrier from amazon and it's stuck on android 4.4.2. Whenever I try to update it from the settings it says the software is up to date. When I try to update from Samsung kies I get the same message. I read online and saw that other GS5 users with metropcs already have the lollipop update. Any way I can get android 5.0?

I bought an unlocked Galaxy S5 G900T with a metropcs carrier from amazon and it's stuck on android 4.4.2. Whenever I try to update it from the settings it says the software is up to date. When I try to update from Samsung kies I get the same message. I read online and saw that other GS5 users with metropcs already have the lollipop update. Any way I can get android 5.0?

Hello and welcome to Android Forums TheFreshPrince :)

There are, as per #1.5 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide, 2 separate models for T-Mobile (USA) and its subsidiary, Metro PCS. These are G900T and G900T1.

Whilst the G900T on T-Mobile (USA) is currently on Lollipop, Android 5.1.1, the G900T1 is still on KitKat, Android 4.4.2, and is unlikely to be updated. If you do indeed have the T-Mobile model, G900T, with the T-Mobile firmware, it should have been updated to Lollipop.If not, take it to a T-Mobile or Samsung store and request an update or you can flash it yourself as per #1.11 of the aforementioned Dummies Guide.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones