Cant update my IncredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. LoucheBag

LoucheBag Member This Topic's Starter

So my droid incredible still hasn't received the update to 2.2. Its been over a month and im tired of waiting. Ive also tried the manual update several times with a failed installation everytime. My phone is not rooted. Any suggestions?

Advertisement
  2. grimstar

grimstar Active Member

You most likely did not receive the initial update that Verizon released a few days after the Incredible was out. I remember a few people having a similar problem and after they located and installed that update they were able to continue on with 2.2.

Sadly I don't remember what you can do to confirm whether or not this is the case and I am unable to point you in the proper direction to resolve it. I'm sure someone else on the incredible forums knows and can help.

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

4. LoucheBag

grimstar -
    That first update you were talking about is the problems with Exchange or something like that. If yes then i did receive it.

Frisco -
    Thanks for the links. I emailed the guy from the first link you posted. Hopefully he gets back to me soon.

Thanks again guys.

5. albnyblows

albnyblows Member

Going to a Verizon store is also an option. They can flash the update onto your phone.

6. LoucheBag

albnyblows -

I did actually go to Verizon. They said that they were unable to upload software like 2.2 because its HTC's software. They claimed they have nothing to do with updates of this sort. I still think thats bullshit that they cant do "anything". I also cant get a clear answer from HTC's support team. The first time I called them this guy forward me to a forum that showed me how to install the update after i received the notification which I cant get. The second time I called this women said i did not have the right Software Number and thats why im not receiving the notification. She put a special request to have my issue forwarded to a Tech Group that will give me a call back in 2-10 days. Did not specify business days or not. Regardless I havent received a call back from them either. To be honest their support hotline did not sound very knowledgeable of their product. They were just reading step-by-step off their tech support page for the incredible. I only know this because I was on the website while on the phone with the women. Im not trying to be a douche bag and shoot everyone down. Ive just tried every possible route that i can think of to get this stupid update.