• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't update my new s5

yanivsh

Lurker
Dec 30, 2015
Hi :)
i have got a new galaxy s5 that i bought online and i can't update him to android lollipop , i assume that cause of my csc , but i dont know which csc i should install ,

can you help me please ?

my product code is:
SM-G900FZWAXSG

AP:G900FXXU1ANC9
CP:G900FXXU1ANCE
and there is no csc shown

Hi :)
i have got a new galaxy s5 that i bought online and i can't update him to android lollipop , i assume that cause of my csc , but i dont know which csc i should install ,

can you help me please ?

my product code is:
SM-G900FZWAXSG

AP:G900FXXU1ANC9
CP:G900FXXU1ANCE
and there is no csc shown

Hello and welcome to Android Forums yanivsh :)

You have the international model, G900F, for the United Arab Emirates on Product code XSG. Since you are not showing a CSC code, it could be that your phone has had a different firmware flashed to it as NC9 was never released for your XSG CSC code. You are on the very old NC9, KitKat, Android 4.4.2 firmware.

You can update your phone by downloading the firmware below and flashing it to your phone by following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Model SM-G900F
Model name GALAXY S5
Country United Arab Emirates
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 5640614
Build date Tue, 01 Sep 2015 12:09:46 +0000
Product code XSG
PDA G900FXXU1POI1
CSC G900FOJV1POG1

The XSG firmware will put you back on track for OTA and/or Kies updates. However, since you probably have no warranty on your phone, you could simply download the latest stock, unbranded, firmware for whichever country you are in or just go for the latest high changelist firmware such as the new Nordic countries firmware... PDA: G900FXXU1POK5 CSC: G900FNEE1POK1 CHANGELIST: 6364590 BUILD DATE: 23.11.2015 which has 42 worldwide language packs, including English.

Upvote 0
thank you for the fast answer ! :)
but if i live in another country, shouldnt i download a csc that related to me ?
like if i will install this firmware http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/download/63141/G900FXXU1BOL1_G900FOJK1BOL1_ILO/
it will work fine on my phone?

If you install anything other than the firmware for your Product code, XSG, you will not receive updates OTA or via Kies. As you live in Israel, it may be better for you to install the Israeli firmware as it is one of the few that contains a Hebrew language pack which may be useful to you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones