Can't update my rooted transformer to ICSSupport

1. Richbyrd1981

Richbyrd1981 New Member

I have the asus transformer TF101 which was already rooted with PRIME ROM when I got it. I absolutely love everything about the tablet but I want to update the firmware to the new android 4.0 ICS, but there is no place in the settings to update. I read that I should be able to find the update by going into the settings, then in the about tablet screen there should be an update firmware button. I'm not sure if it's somewhere else or if I might have to unroot my tablet? I'm fairly new at this and I could really use some help.

Advertisement
  2. Windy

Windy Member

I had some problems with the update, it was Clockwork preventing the update not installing. I used Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper from market to keep root. and did this ICS is here!!!! - Page 3 - Android Forums to remove ClockworkMod
  3. Chaco

Chaco Well-Known Member

Richbyrd

I had some issues with mines, i was stock .19 rooted on stock recovery and it wouldnt take OTA update even after Voodoo OTA rootkeeper.

I would suggest installing CWM recovery via the recoveryinstaller.apk on XDA

i did that, then using CWM i flashed the full ICS rooted version that was cracked hours after release (option B) and i am now on a fully funtional ICS 4.0.3 rooted with CMW and have backups and all.