• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't update my software, anybody?

I've been waiting for the 4.4.2 update to arrive in the UAE while I've not really seen any reviews on it. It came this morning so I updated right away. Now I've been experiencing so much shit.

1. I had trouble syncing my email accounts, I found a solution for it eventually but I'd have to keep the sync on (which I didn't have to do before the update).

2. The battery would drain so much faster, it's only been on for 4 hours and I'm already down to 65%... really? And android system's the one that's been draining it.

3. Now I wanted to check for more updates. Maybe a bug fix or a 4.4.3, but whenever I check for updates, it says "maximum number of roll out updates has been exceeded". I don't have Samsung kies, heck I've my laptop at the repair shop and I didn't worry about it cause I was confident that my note 3 would somehow be a temporary substitute for all that I need to do with work, but with problems 1 & 2, I don't thing that would be too good.

Can anybody tell me what they did with their note 3? Maybe how to update? I don't want to root it or anything that would void the warranty as I actually paid for the extra warranty time. Thanks x

Ok i just got down to 63% after typing all of this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones