Can't update to 2.2 due to connection problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bertje

Bertje New Member This Topic's Starter

Im having problems updating my samsung galaxy s to firmware 2.2. Im trying to do it trough Samsung Kies but when I connect my phone, there is no connection recognized in Kies, however my phone says 'connected trough usb' (and it charges and everything).

In windows (divices and printers) there is no icon for the phone. When I connect the phone, I hear no 'divice connect beep'. When I try to install the usb drivers seperatly, I get a 'unknown device not installed correctly' error.

I tried it on a pc with win xp and on one with windows 7. Tried reinstalling and everything.

Is there any way to fix this problem? Is there any alternative way of updating the firmware?

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Welcome to Android Forums, bertje.

I took your question out of the Updates and Cupcakes forum and placed it in the Galaxy S forum for you.

The Updates forum is more for discussion of the software, not support for each device. ;)

3. ggarland

ggarland Active Member

I am experiencing the exact same problem ....

4. caesey

caesey Well-Known Member

Did you install the latest version of Kies? Make sure you completely remove Kies first (uninstall, then delete the folder & restart windows).

Have you made any customizations on your phone like rooting, custom ROM, lag fixes? If yes, please revert it before using Kies (reboot your phone as well). I also read somewhere that you should use TouchWiz launcher when connecting to Kies.

5. Bertje

Bertje New Member This Topic's Starter

Lol turning the phone off and on fixed the problem. Cant believe I havent tought about this before :S.

Many thanks!