Can't update to 2.2

Last Updated:

1. thedutchrockstar

thedutchrockstar Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,
    I am hoping that there are a couple of experts out there cause I have a problem...
    I have an HTC Desire, which should have the OTA update for froyo available... instead it has a different update which is 27.07 MB in size, which won't install...
    I believe this is blocking my froyo update since my Desire is Sim unlocked, non branded and rooted.

The problem with the 27.07mb update is that it downloads but won't install (you first get the green installing icon but then changes to the same icon but the with a red question mark:eek::confused:)

So I was wondering if there is any other way of getting that froyo update on my phone or somehow getting it OTA

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Fatwaz

Fatwaz Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% but I thought you couldn't get the ota update if your phone is rooted?

3. Phenomenological

Phenomenological Well-Known Member

You don't need to update if you're rooted. Just wait a day or so till a rooted version comes out and install the ROM. It makes much more sense doing it that way.

Edit: Or, as below, some nippy person could already have it out. ;)

4. celticone

celticone Well-Known Member

Quboid likes this.
  5. Haste75

Haste75 Well-Known Member

6. celticone

celticone Well-Known Member

My post was more of a warning not to install the update when you're rooted. I assume he wouldn't use the ROM before reading the thread.

The Opendesire ROM isn't Sense though, right? If the OP wants Sense Froyo the he could use the Neophyte or Pays Desire ROM.

Desire Android Development - xda-developers

7. Si Pie

Si Pie Well-Known Member

Official FroYo Update Thread + FAQ | OTA IS OUT NOW! - xda-developers

Follow the guide about being rooted in the FAQ and then apply that update. Froyo will then be available as an OTA update afterward.

Just a heads up, I used my original gold card but it got stuck in a loop at statup of the phone. What I had to do was hold volume down + power and select the erase SD card option. It then started up fine, I could re-ceate the goldcard using the instructions in that guide etc.

thedutchrockstar likes this.
  8. thedutchrockstar

thedutchrockstar Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks I am gonna give it a shot first thing 2mrw morning
    Also thanks 2 every1 else =D

I don't really care about losing my root because I only used it for wireless tethering...

But thx again every1 I will let you know if it worked =D