cant upgrade my software.

Last Updated:

1. UrbanHillPG

UrbanHillPG Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I been trying to update my evo software but every time i check for an update it says that there is no updates available. I know that there is because i used to get the pop up and i always canceled it. I am currently on 1.32.651.1.

Possible reasons? I tried rooting my device but was never successful at doing it. Also i am not sure if completely restored my device after the root attempt.

Can someone please help.

Advertisement
  2. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

I am not sure why you are not getting the update notification but if you run RUU it will bring you back to fully stock and you should start recieving updates.

3. UrbanHillPG

What is RUU and how do I to it?

4. tsipa

tsipa Well-Known Member

RUU = Rom Upgrade Utility

Download this: [ROM]RUU_Supersonic_1.32.651.1_Radio_1.39.00.04.26 - xda-developers

Make sure you have HTC Sync up and running then run the RUU. When it finishes loading on your phone, you are back to stock.

P.S.: The RUU link I provided will only work if you are still on firmware version 1.32.651.1, otherwise you will need to use the RUU for that particular version.

5. UrbanHillPG

Ok i did what you told me to do and the phone restored and i was able to upgrade to the most recent software. But i noticed when i go to set up my google account the top of the screen says "Setting up your PC36100." Is this the root?