1. Hot New Devices! HTC One M9 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | LG G4

Can't upgrade to 1.6 even though it downloads...Support

1. davethackeray

davethackeray New Member

Hey all!

Bit of a bizarre one, this.

The auto update to 1.6 comes through on my phone (Voda, HTC Magic, UK) and I download it. Then the phone says it requires a restart, and after restarting, it just goes to download the update again.

I've (to the best of my ability) completely wiped the phone to see if there's some icky code on there that's preventing the update from downloading completely - but that doesn't work (it merely stops the update from showing in the About section, only to return a couple of days later and go through the download/require restart parlaver again).

Is there anything I can do to the phone save for throw it from the window of a high building, to get the 1.6 update? I've played around with rooting the phone but it doesn't like that, either.

I understand rooting will also create the 'requires restart/fail download' issue of updates, which is why I have on several occasions completed factory resets of the phone.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. HTCben

HTCben New Member

Funny because the 1.6 update isn't available yet (Because HTC are too lazy to bring out an android update)... You're going to root your phone if you download that file.