• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't upload pics in portrait mode?

blargh

Lurker
Nov 24, 2009
Has anyone had any problems uploading photos via the Share feature in Gallery (to Facebook, Flickr, etc.) in portrait mode? Photos that are correctly oriented in Gallery end up rotated to landscape once I try to upload them. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I'm having the same issue using a Motorola DEXT in the UK. It's infuriating. The camera clearly takes portrait pix orientated correctly, and they appear in the Gallery correctly, in portrait mode. And when you sync with Picasa via a USB cable they're orientated correctly on your computer. But if you use the Share option to send a portrait-oriented pic to Facebook, Twitter (using any of the Twitpic type services), Picasa, or send via SMS, they always appear on their side, in landscape mode. It's a major drag.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones