Can't Upload Video since Factory ResetSupport

Last Updated:

1. revival

revival Member This Topic's Starter

After the 2.2 update I was having the normal syncing issues with Gmail. I did not need several accounts to sync, just my secondary account. I did a factory reset, made my old 2nd account the primary one and now all is well.

Except...

I can't upload video. When I try to use the Youtube app, right after I hit upload I get a message that quickly flashes then I get "Failed to retrieve Account Information." I have logged out and in, restarted etc. I can see my account, my videos etc.

When I try to upload using the Facebook site, as soon as I hit start uploading the video the browser closes. I have tried this with more than one video, both short and long.

Has anyone heard of not being able to upload video after doing a factory reset? any idea what the problem is?

Advertisement
  2. revival

to early for a bump? Still can't upload video.

3. revival

So I think I solved this problem. Thought I would post what I did in case someone searches for the same thing.

I went into the YouTube app. It already had my youtube address as an account and all that was fine. I could see my channel, all my videos, and the stats. But it would still not let me upload.

I added an account using my youtube username and pw. Then it is letting me upload from the app.

Don't know why, but it is working.

4. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

5. revival

6. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Well-Known Member

actually thought you might want to share your discovery with one of the other 6 or seven people who posted this or similar issues...

it's the internet...it doesn't hate you

7. revival

dooh! sorry