• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use ##626* Service code - Android.process force close

VividFear

May 10, 2012
So I supposedly changed my number and I have to go service and enter a service code then go to "edit" and add the new number, and change the MIN. But now when I dial "##626*" I'm getting this "To make a collect call" message instead of the service popping up. Anyone have experience with this? Even when I call a real number I get the message. I tried calling my old number, doesn't work. I tried calling my new number, doesn't work. So it's like on hold or something?

So I supposedly changed my number and I have to go service and enter a service code then go to "edit" and add the new number, and change the MIN. But now when I dial "##6268*" I'm getting this "To make a collect call" message instead of the service popping up. Anyone have experience with this? Even when I call a real number I get the message. I tried calling my old number, doesn't work. I tried calling my new number, doesn't work. So it's like on hold or something?

Im confused. Did you manually change your number on the phone or did you do it in the store?

I get the travel talk message when not in service but only when im in the metro pcs network mode and not automatic mode.

Upvote 0
So I supposedly changed my number and I have to go service and enter a service code then go to "edit" and add the new number, and change the MIN. But now when I dial "##6268*" I'm getting this "To make a collect call" message instead of the service popping up. Anyone have experience with this? Even when I call a real number I get the message. I tried calling my old number, doesn't work. I tried calling my new number, doesn't work. So it's like on hold or something?

I got the same problem I was so desperate becase nobody gave an answer, I took my phone to metro pcs and they said my phone was useless. But i didndt give up so I needed to update my phone using the LGmobile Support Tool and it worked.
Download it and update your phone. It will delete absolutely everything, and will leave your phone as it came from metro pcs.

Try it, let me know if u have problems.

Upvote 0
I got the same problem I was so desperate becase nobody gave an answer, I took my phone to metro pcs and they said my phone was useless. But i didndt give up so I needed to update my phone using the LGmobile Support Tool and it worked.
Download it and update your phone. It will delete absolutely everything, and will leave your phone as it came from metro pcs.

Try it, let me know if u have problems.

Well, my phone doesn't need an update. So how do I make it need one so I can use the update program. I am desperate, I need the phone back to out of the box style.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones