1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

can't use apps moved to sd cardSupport

1. eddiesaw

eddiesaw New Member

So I moved my apps to my SD card when I got this phone a few days ago as I normally would to free up space on the phone and now I can't use those that I've moved what could be wrong?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Russ71

Russ71 Well-Known Member

How did you move them?
  3. kingmt

kingmt Well-Known Member

A little info to go on would help. What apps? How did you move them? Is this a rooted phone? Anything else that might make your question easier to answer. At least enough to make it passable to answer.
    Russ71 likes this.
  4. hi5five

hi5five Well-Known Member

overview of problem

I had the same problem after updating all the stock apps ran out of storage on the phone. What i did was root the phone. added link2sd app.
    The problem I ran into was i could not move anything that was factory installed in the phone. I ended up using system rom tool box app deleted all the factory apps and restalled them from the market. using straight merit
    apps needed
    1 root phone
    2 link2sd
    3 system rom toobox
    4 Mini tool partition (free version)

Get your sd card working 1st (need 4 or higher i used 8 gig)

Install Mini tools used it to add the second primary partition to your sd card.
    use this link to help you: [TUT]install apps as much as you can, DON'T WORRY ABOUT MEMORY!![FAQ's][14/7/2012] - xda-developers

You will be creating to primary fat partitions thats it link2sd will do the rest.

When you get the a partitions done open up link2sd it should see the extra partition you added app will open up a selection on what format to use (Fat is what you will select from the list. the app will ask you to reboot the phone. all should work.