Cant use google voice on T-Mo?Support

Last Updated:

1. SLVR

SLVR Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So I have been trying to use google voice as my voicemail provider on my N1. I can't. Appearently even more plus does not offer call forwarding. My question is does anyone have a solution for this?

Advertisement
  2. club968

club968 Well-Known Member

when I got the invite for google voice, to activate it on tmobile, google presented me with a tutorial that had me punch in a string of numbers on my phone to activate the call forwarding feature. Works like a charm.

3. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i coudnt use it either because im a flex pay customer. rather frustrating

4. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

I have an Even More Plus plan and use GV for my voicemail, it works great.
    All I did was dl the GV app from the market and launch it, told it I want to use it only for voicemail and it configured all the call forwarding settings for me.

5. SLVR

So you are saying I have to download the app and it should work?

6. BiGMERF

aaaaaah we all amused you had the app... yes get the app

7. SLVR

I do I have a N1. But I always get this message fowarding number change unsuccessful

8. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Yea, dl the app from the market. When I launched the app I think it asked me how I wanted to use it, for example you can set it up for all outgoing calls, incoming calls, or just for voicemail. So I chose to setup just for my voicemail, then it automatically changed my phone to the settings page where I watched it change all my call forwarding settings to my GV number then it said it was done. Now anytime I have a missed call, refused call, and voicemail, they all get routed to my GV and it automatically transcribes their voicemails and emails them to me.

9. ikon

ikon Well-Known Member

Oh, one other thing. Did you just recently change your plan to the Even More Plus Plan? If so, are you sure that it has already switched over? It wont switch over until the end of your billing cycle, so maybe you're still on your old plan and can't use the call forwarding yet?

10. SLVR

Ok. I just pulled up my account info and found up I am flex pay as well. So this sucks. Are there any options to get around this? GV was so awesome on my other. Using this t-mobile crap sucks :|

11. BiGMERF

nope not that i know of.. it does suck.. but im satisfied with the tmobile visual voice app.. better than nothing

12. 1080p

1080p Well-Known Member

If you are on Flexpay, it is likely because you have bad credit. How to get around this? Pay T-Mobile a deposit and get a postpaid account. Deposit is based upon credit score. Flexpay is a service to let people have an account that has restrictions... you can't go over your minutes and create a huge bill...etc. It is what they offer people with bad credit.