• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use Kies with GT-I9000

bishbop

Lurker
May 9, 2011
I've recently bought the Samsung Galaxy S and am really disappointed with the PC interface via Kies. So far I have been unable to upload any photos or download any music to my phone and am now wishing I had got an I-phone.

Why is it that I cannot connect my phone to the PC with my USB and have Kies recognise my phone and show my photos? Why is that so difficult? All of my settings are correct on the phone and on the PC.

Also, how do I see my itunes albums rather than just playlists?

Thanks

Right don't panic
First thing you need to do is go into settings>Wireless and networks>usb sttings and change to ask on connection
Now plug in your phone it will beep and ask you what you want to do now your phone needs to be on the home page and bluetooth off
if you get three options pick kies ( If you do not get the three options then you have a dead usb cable or socket)
Now open kies when kies has finished messing around on your phone pick kies Now your computer should then open up another drive first and ask you what you want to do if this does work the you need to wait for kies it will connect if that box comes up if it does not in tools you will see a install driver option click that and follow the instructions.
Now if you do not get the drive poping up open device manager up and under personnel devices you will see a Yellow "!" or you will see the I9000 Name if its yellow right click and unistall or remove same if its showing the I9000
Unplug the phone turn it off wait for it to vibrate once then turn back on.
When phone is back on Plug phone back in still in device manager then pick kies on the phone and windows should reinstall the drivers when its finished the windows box will pop up and all should be well if not in kies klick install driver and repeat
Now if this still does not work you need to down load .NET 4 Framework from Microsoft just search google for the down load

The main problem is the drivers this affects all connection problems Now you only need kies realy for updates on the Samsung apps app install kies air you then use your web browser for uploading and it woirks much better

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones