• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use phone while charging! GSII

Baderism

Lurker
Sep 26, 2011
Hello,
This is my first post on this forum and It's my first day using android OS.
I bought the Galaxy S II 6 hours ago and I just came back home and plugged the device on the wall outlet charger, It charges just fine but I can't use the phone! the screen isn't responsive unless I unplug the charge! I'm using the latest firmware and installed few apps.

any idea what's going on?
thanks in advance :)

P.S.: Is ok that the phone reboot itself from time to time?

Hello,
This is my first post on this forum and It's my first day using android OS.
I bought the Galaxy S II 6 hours ago and I just came back home and plugged the device on the wall outlet charger, It charges just fine but I can't use the phone! the screen isn't responsive unless I unplug the charge! I'm using the latest firmware and installed few apps.

any idea what's going on?
thanks in advance :)

P.S.: Is ok that the phone reboot itself from time to time?

Use a different charger.when I use the official charger I can use the phone while it is charging but when I am using the local charger the phone is unresponsive unless I plug out the charger.

Upvote 0
The screen seems to undervolt when certain chargers are plugged in. This reduces response. If you have a screen protector, that will further reduce responsiveness. Here's what to look for to help in these cases;

-look at the ratings on the charger. Default Samsung charge is 0.8A (or 800mAh). USB will always cap at 0.5A. Samsung doesn't recommend anything over 0.8A for their devices, and HTC chargers are typically 1A. Some go as high as 2A. The higher the amperage, the more responsiveness you will lose on this screen while plugged in. So, get yourself a lower powered charger, or use the supplied USB cable and plug into your PC/laptop, if you want to use while charging. Also, avoid the 1A and higher chargers. Just because HTC uses them doesn't mean they are suitable for all devices. Sure, they're fine, but I'm not a fan of using more than what the OEM for your device recommends.

Reactions: onlyrifkin
Upvote 0
Having the same problem up here in canada. The screen is somewhat responsive but is almost impossible to unlock it if you have a pattern while its plugged in. I work for a carrier that sells the s2x and my clients are expierencing the same issue. An other issue is that the battery status always reads100% seen this twice. Otherthen awsome phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones