Can't use photos or loaded wallpapersSupport

Last Updated:

1. Tedgall

Tedgall Member This Topic's Starter

When trying to change a wallpaper to either the preloaded photos and wallpapers or a photo I've taken with the phone, the phone reverts to the same image - the preloaded still photo of HTC Sense. Live wallpapers will load correctly, but almost everything else reverts to that one photo. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. freddyttt

freddyttt Well-Known Member

you sure your doing it right?

on my photos in there small state i press and hold, then press use as...select walllpapers

3. Tedgall

Tedgall Member This Topic's Starter

That wasn't the method I was using. I rebooted the phone (took the battery out), and that has rectified the problem. I'm going to try your method for changing wallpapers, though. Thanks for your help.

4. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

I've had a similar problem except it only happens with one specific image. It simply won't load it as a wallpaper. The phone says it's been set as wallpaper, but instead it displays the default SenseUI wall.

5. dmetro316

dmetro316 Member

This happens to me when switching between themes. Usually just need to turn the phone off and then back on.

6. rapidsandroid

rapidsandroid Well-Known Member

I haven't had any issues with the wallpaper. Just remember to save it as a custom theme if you change themes or you will lose it.
    I do have issue with HTC Sense duplicating some of the thumbnails of camera shots in Photos so I can't tell what pics are what when looking in the gallery until I open the photo.

7. palomosan

palomosan Well-Known Member

Yep this has been happening to me since about a month now and this has to do with the scenes, if you're on your favorite scene and try to change the wallpaper you get the standard HTC wallpaper and it says that it changed the wallpaper, however it's not the one you wanted it.

Live wallpaper will load fine as tedgall said.

Also I don't know if some of you have noticed the damage on the pictures, they repeat their selfs and appear grainy, don't know if anybody else has had this issues.

It was so frustrated that yesterday I did a factory reset on my Dinc thinking that this would solve the two issues but the only one it fix it was the wallpaper issue but the pictures looking grainy and repeating their selfs did not get fix.

I'll post some pictures later, this is a mayor issue and it's not only the pictures on the SD card but the ones I've taken with the phone itself.

8. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

This has happened to me multiple times when I change my background, it reverts to the blurry colorful background, lol. So turn it off and back on and choose the pic again and it should work.