• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use POST on the browser?

thedynamix

Jul 31, 2009
Seems I've found another odd bug :(!!

Specifically on forums, I cannot seem to login or post comments/replies in threads.. I've tried multiple login destinations and tried posting to multiple things - none of them work.

I've turned on scripts etc in the settings, but still, nothing!! Nothing happens when I press "Submit", "Post", "Reply" etc..

Anyone noticed this?

I am taking you also enabled JavaScript, along with that what you want to do is change the user agent to Linux Desktop from mobile view. Before you try again from setting clear out your total cache and see what happens. Some site has issues I know as I myself came across that but if nothing else works see if you can access the site via Tapatalk(for this forum Phandroid).

Upvote 0
Browser> Settings> User Agent

I use alot of forums and native mobile forum apps are not always supported as I encounter them I do work around and this has also happened to me and what I did solved it for me. So see if it works for you and go from there. I know some sites using php/js does not fully execute on mobile view which cause no action for some elements displayed. But if you use desktop view and have script enabled it will render as the server will handle all requests in standard format and not snip anything opposed to mobile view. Before you do this make sure you clear out your cache. Also make sure mobile view is disabled for these sites and user agent is selected as another client.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones