• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't use QuickPic for Contact images

I hate the default Gallery because it can't sort by filename, I'm guessing it sorts by date only with most recent at the top. When assigning images to my contacts, it's the only app that will work. I don't get a prompt to open in Gallery or QuickPic like you would normally see, I've cleared defaults, I've frozen the Gallery with Titanium Backup, I've uninstalled and then reinstalled QuickPic. Nothing works. After I froze the Gallery app and I try to edit or add an image to a contact, a message pops up either that there's no applications associated with the task, or that there's no images on the phone (there are plenty).

QuickPic opens up all other images, functions at all other times like it should, just not when in the Contact List. What's the trick to getting it to work with Contacts? This one is driving me nuts.

The phone is the AT&T version, I337, and is rooted if any of that matters.

Edit: I tried one other thing that I read about. With Titanium Backup, I made QuickPic a system app, and refroze Gallery. And still when it comes to Contacts, it gives a message about no Application for that. So that didn't work either.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones