• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't use the hard-reset function

mjelle

Lurker
Oct 8, 2014
Hi All

I'm having some issues with my HTC Desire HD. I haven't used the phone for 2-3 years, and now I need to use it. However, I can't remember the password I entered for it. Ok, then I need to make a hard-reset.

But, I can't get to the bootloader. Holding "Volume-Down" and pressing the powerbutton, the phone just start normally. No difference at all. I've been reading through google all day long, and just came across this forum, where I wanted to ask you guys.

I've also tried to download the SDK, as I saw somewhere that I would be able to do something with that, however, i'm not.

I do really hope, that you can help me. I can tell you, that Fastboot is activated, and then I've tried to get to bootloader, after pulling the battery out and inserted it again.

Thanks a lot in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones